Job Posting: Part-time Bookkeeper/Office Manager/HR
Hours per week: 10-20 (40-50 hours monthly)
Description: A growing marketing organization is looking to hire a part time bookkeeper/office manager. The purpose of the position is to provide accounting support to all financial accounting and administrative areas, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, client billing statements and assist in general office management and general HR functions for processes and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable: Enter all invoices based on approval and coding. Ensure invoices are processed and paid timely. Assist in processing credit card expenses and coding in GL.
- Maintain accounts payable accounts and set up payments after approval process. Prepare vendor 1099’s at year end.
- Accounts Receivable: Assist in monthly reconciliation of billable hours from the time tracking system. Prepare and send monthly invoices, apply cash receipts and assist with collections.
- Maintain accounts receivable accounts and set up after approval process.
- General accounting and administration support: Prepare cash log of checks received and make bank deposits.
- Assist with GL account reconciliations as needed.
- Assist in the accounting close cycle on a monthly basis.
- Assist with payroll and perform reconciliations as needed.
- Develop and maintain regular reports via the company’s accounting system.
- Work closely with operations and owner to provide requested financial information.
- Help to drive budgeting decisions and growth plans
- Begin projects around updating processes from task to time to billing
- Begin forming HR best practices and employee manual
Advanced MS Office knowledge and accounting system skills. Process data, administer appropriate coding and update information as needed in systems. Utilize various systems to provide meaningful analysis for any GL accounts on a monthly basis.
Understanding of Quickbooks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Agency or service-oriented industry experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting and bookkeeping
- Experience across a wide range of accounting functions; accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash, progress billing arrangements and general ledger
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Knowledge of accounting systems, processes and procedures
- Excellent data entry skills, high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Willingness to be flexible to work in cross-functional job responsibilities