We like to think of podcasts as old-time talk radio with an updated hipster vibe. Podcasts are a booming media that help brands and storytellers connect and engage with their audience in a whole new way. In fact, podcasts have become so popular that in 2021, that 41% of Americans listen to podcasts monthly! At the gym, in the cars, at the office, or while out walking or running, people are listening to podcasts pretty much anywhere they have access to earbuds or a speaker.
So why all the fuss about podcasts now? Because September 30th is International Podcast Day, of course! (Who knew? We didn’t, but let’s go with it.) Deemed an “international celebration of the power of podcasts,” International Podcast Day is an opportunity to connect with fellow podcasters, podcast listeners, podcast enthusiasts, and leaders in the podcasting industry.
… or, we think it is a great time to share some of our favorite podcasts and hopefully learn about a few new good ones from you!
Team MJ2’s Favorite Podcasts:
- For the latest news, The Daily is recommended by our resident Renaissance man, Andrew Bash.
- Our Digital Content Director, Jenn Dring, gives a shout out to American Scandal, but says that any and all true crime podcasts are a hit with her.
- Always looking for that mental edge, Graphic Designer Ana Goffe recommends Kwik Brain with Jim Kwik.
- MJ2 President Megan James recommends the podcast David Goggins Will Change Your Life, and she says that you should definitely check out the book too!
- For work advice, from women who’ve been there, our Human Resources Manager, Bethany Kungle, comes in with 9 to 5ish with theSkimm.
- Business Manager Holly Lecorchick recommends a podcast that celebrates the messiness of life with the Armchair Expert … we feel like everyone can relate to this one!
- Because we all need a friend, and a funny one is even better, Content Marketing Strategist Lisa Moore recommends Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend. Anyone who knows Lisa is not at all surprised that comedy is her go-to!
- Covering a little bit of everything, including topics like fitness, money, spirituality, entrepreneurship and more, Senior Social Media Specialist, Erica Newell endorses School of Greatness.
- Another true crime entry is on the board from our Web Developer and SEO Specialist Jordan Roth with Swindled, a podcast about white-collar criminals, con artists, and corporate evil.
- Adding a fear factor option to the list, Graphic Designer Faith Saxton adds Let’s Not Meet to round out our list, which is told from the standpoint of those “who made it out alive” … yikes.
Okay, so now that you know a few of our faves, it’s time to share yours. With over 2 million podcasts produced, we know we are missing other star performers out there! Please message us on Instagram or Facebook to tell us your faves so we can continue building our podcast queues. Happy listening!