When it comes to digital strategy, video is one of the most powerful tools to promote a brand and grow online communities. With written content engagement at an all-time-low and video interaction higher than ever, marketers can’t ignore video marketing anymore. Unlike text, videos have a way of compelling users to absorb a brand’s content without much effort, resulting in more engagement, leads, and website referrals.
Network algorithms are constantly changing and more users are interacting with video content. It is vital for brands to amp up their movable content across all platforms.
Here are some facts you need to know about video marketing:
- 75% of online traffic is video
- 79% of people would rather watch video content than read the content
- 53% businesses report video has helped reduce volume of support calls
- Videos generate 1200% more shares than images or text on social
- Video is 52 times more likely to show up Google’s first page vs. text content
- 85% of people watch video without sound
- 39% are more likely to finish videos if they have subtitles or text overlays
- The ideal length of a video is between 47–51 seconds
- 52% of people prefer pre-recorded videos, 48% prefer live video
- 48% of marketers create more than four videos each month
- 27% of marketers create more than six videos each month
- 92% of marketers create videos with existing assets
- 39% of marketers are creating square-sized or vertical-sized videos for Instagram and Snapchat
- Live videos are being used to put up any length of video—from a quick “behind the scenes” look at a business process, to an entire speech or conference session
- 72% of buyers (B2B or B2C) don’t talk to a salesperson until they’re ready to buy. They do their discovery and consideration entirely on their own, using online resources
- By 2020 90% of B2B buyers will not have a human interaction at all
If you’re not using video marketing in your strategy, you’re falling behind. Keep these stats in mind when planning your strategy for 2018.