Rachel Sharkey is a recent graduate of Ohio University’s E.W. Scripps School of Journalism and our newest #MJ2Storyteller. She researches, writes and publishes digital and social content as a Social Media Specialist here at MJ2 Marketing. If you’re curious how Rachel reacts when she sees a plane or which animal holds a place in her heart, keep reading and get to know her.
2. What is your favorite social media platform?
Instagram; I’m a photo fanatic!
3. What motivates you to work hard?
Everything! From the work ethics of my co-workers at MJ2 Marketing to making people smile; both triumphs and tribulations can motivate me.
4. What are some random things you’re interested in?
I’m fascinated by dinosaurs, have a soft spot for sloths and love aviation. (I took this on the plane back from NYC)
5. If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
WARNING: Turns into an overly-excited 4-year-old at the first sight of a plane.
6. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
I would make anyone instantly happy by looking at them.
7. What is one skill you would like to master?
Coding. I downloaded the app Codeacademy so I could dive into the basics.
8. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
10. Finish the sentence: Marketing is like _____.
The weather. Every day is different and self-awareness is key – you must always be informed due to its ever-changing nature.
If you follow along MJ2 Marketing’s journey, it’s easy to see how much we value our #MJ2Storytellers. Each of them have the ability to tell their own story as well as those of others. From our Content Writer, Katherine Main’s story of Out Living It After Cancer, to our Social Marketing Specialist, Abby Rumpke’s tales of adventure, we love to craft an engaging message.