MJ2 Marketing is seeking a talented, self-starter for an intern position in our web design and development division. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of design principles, specifically digital and web design, and should be able to work with a team of designers and developers to create content for digital use.
- Concept and create ideas for various designs
- Produce clean, well organized design files
- Develop website wireframes based on the content defined by the client and team leader
- Create mockups of web pages, based on the styles defined in a “master” home page mockup
- Create branded images and infographics for use as digital marketing content
- Load copy and images into website back end, applying custom styles and layout where appropriate
- Write clean, valid CSS that follow our internal style guide and is consistent with the client’s brand look and feel
- Assist our design and development team in preparing website copy/imagery for website launch
- Copyedit websites to ensure pages are free of typos, grammatical errors, inconsistent styles, and/or broken functionality.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Solid design principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and professional demeanor
- Able to complete tasks independently, and as part of a team
- Able to manage deadlines and deliver projects on time
- Able to follow up on team leader or client feedback
- Ability to work on multiple projects, with multiple project teams
This is a paid internship, with an estimated 15-20 hours per week. Applicants will be evaluated based on their experience, work samples, and interview.